Counselor Educators & Researchers
NCDA follows a constituency model to better represent and serve the diverse needs of our members. These groupings are designed to help you in your networking, to facilitate greater connection with colleagues who may share similar interests and work settings, and to enhance communication between the membership and the NCDA Board.
In this section of the website, you will have the opportunity to hear from the trustee for the constituency group that most closely represents your work setting or interest affiliation. Similarly, when attending the NCDA Global Conference, you can meet with fellow participants in your constituency groups. This section may post results of these conference gatherings or additional resources your trustee wishes to share. The categories of links listed here serve as a connection to a select few valuable resources. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, and will grow/change in the future. Contact your Constituency Trustee for more information and watch your emails from this group.
David J. Ford, Jr., NCDA Trustee, Counselor Educators & Researchers
A Message from Your Trustee:
I am proud to represent all of you with NCDA. Please contact me with any questions and all of your ideas on how NCDA can best meet the needs and advocate for counselor educators and all career related researchers.
Below we list some information and links that may be of specific interest to you. Please share with your colleagues who also may have an interest.
- Counselor Educator Academy - Chair: Melinda Gibbons
- A new resource from CEA alum is available in Members Only Resources, "Syllabi and Assignments"
- Join the NCDA Research Committee - contact the co-chairs
- The Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) board approved the formation of a Career Counseling Interest Network. Please contact or stay tuned for more information from Dr. Laura Owen - firstname.lastname@example.org (or collaborators Dr. Mary Edwin - email@example.com or Dr. Arden Szepe - firstname.lastname@example.org). Please get engaged and look for opportunities at future ACES events.
- CACREP Career Information
- Core Career Standards
- Core Curricular Standards of CACREP Career Programs
- CACREP Approved Career Counseling Programs:
|Start Date||Cycle End Date||More Info|
|Colorado State University||Ft. Collins||CO||Career Counseling||M.A.||8 Year||Oct 01, 1995||Mar 31, 2028||Program Description|
|Florida State University||Tallahassee||FL||Career Counseling||M.S./Ed.S.||8 Year||Apr 01, 1994||Mar 31, 2027||Program Description|
|North Carolina Central University||Durham||NC||Career Counseling||M.A.||8 Year||Jul 07, 2004||Mar 31, 2022||Program Description|
|Pennsylvania State University||University Park||PA||Career Counseling||M.Ed.||2 Year||Jan 15, 2012||Oct 31, 2021||Program Description|
|San Francisco State University||San Francisco||CA||Career Counseling||M.S.||2 Year||Nov 01, 1993||Feb 28, 2022||Program Description|
|California State University- Sacramento||Sacramento||CA||Career Counseling||M.S.||2 Year Interim||Jan 16, 2019||March 31, 2023||Program Description|
Click on any title below to view the linked website, PDF or video resource.
Be sure to also look at NCDA's resources on Social Justice.